Amrita Living Yoga
200 Hour Yoga
Peterborough and Bobcaygeon, Ontario: 2019 Dates coming soon (weekend format)
Yoga Alliance Approved
Now accepting Applications!
Become a Teacher &/or Deepen Your Practice
Not only will you learn everything you need to learn to teach others yoga, but you will be guided towards a philosophy of ongoing self inquiry to bring out your unique gifts in becoming the evolution of yoga, even if you choose not to teach yoga classes.
Benefit from Experienced & Inspired Faculty
Take advantage of the many years of experience Tiina Kivinen, founder of Amrita Living Yoga School and Peterborough Living Yoga, and assistant director Ally Boothroyd, of Sarovara Yoga, have in teaching yoga classes, workshops, and teacher trainings. World class guest teachers will join in regularly to expand on core teachings.
Dive Deeper & Discover the 8 Limbs of Yoga
Learn how you can apply the 8 limbs of yoga, (7 more beyond Asana, the postures), to your classes and to daily life, and to guide others to do the same. Exploring the 8 limbs in their entirety will enrich your life and set you apart from other yoga teachers.
Explore the Archetypal Layers of Your Being
Be guided through a multi-layered exploration of the Chakras as they relate to interacting with your students and understanding your own Being. Energetic intersections of vital life forces, each Chakra represents an aspect of consciousness essential to our lives and to teaching yoga.
What Past Graduates Say
- I couldn’t have asked for a better course or better instructors to complete my 200 hr yoga teacher training. They created the most nurturing, positive, loving, and supportive space for discovery and for building a foundation of belief in ourselves. They created an atmosphere in which we were encouraged to seek, grow, and discover.
- So wonderful! I felt fully supported on my learning/teaching journey, the energy was always positive and the knowledge you both shared with us was in depth. You work so well together and it was really sweet how you each enhanced each others teaching style. You’re perfect teaching buddies!
- It was a journey of self-exploration, a time of big changes, and a huge opportunity to absorb and learn all of the wisdom and knowledge that came from the trainers, and also the philosophy and practice of yoga itself. It also provided a space to create incredible relationships within my own community.
- This YTT training has been truly a deep and loving experience that has brought my practice on and off the mat to a whole other level. I feel so confident in my expression of yoga and feel inspired and confident to lead my own classes. This experience has been amazing.
- The curriculum was interesting, engaging, thorough and unique. Guest teachers contributed extensive knowledge for us to build on and discuss.
Yoga Teacher Training Details
Weekend Format: 2019 Dates are coming soon!
Friday evenings: 7 – 9pm
Saturdays and Sundays: 8am – 6:30pm
Where: Peterborough Living Yoga, 394 George St. N, Peterborough, Ontario, and Sarovara Studio in Bobcaygeon on Pigeon Lake. (carpooling can be arranged as needed).
Early Bird: $2500 + HST (tba)
Regular: $2650 + HST
This weekend format yoga teacher training is intended to bring to life your own inner journey of consciousness and awakening, to inspire your inner teacher to emerge from within your own experiences of yoga. As we learn from the wisdom of Prana (life force), the way of guiding others through transformational practices emerges as the foundation for yoga teacher education.
Amrita Yoga Teacher Training is intended for those who feel a calling to deepen their personal practice of Yoga and perhaps share these transformational teachings with others. Grounded in the roots of Classical Yoga and inspired by diverse and interdisciplinary traditions, this training will provide a holistic and creative approach to yoga teacher education, using a multimodality, expressive, and experiential way of learning.
Tiina brings 15+ years of yoga teaching experience, along with her experience as faculty for Yoga Teacher Trainings at Kripalu School of Yoga, and Nosara Yoga Institute. Co teacher and Assistant Director Ally Boothroyd of Sarovara Yoga , brings her depth of study of Yoga Nidra, Yoga Psychology and more to the training. Together, their approach bridges the depth of classical yoga with creative, evolutionary approaches to one’s own awakening. They are joined by an inspiring and highly qualified team of other local and regional guest faculty.
YTT Learning Objectives:
Trainees will learn to teach Hatha Yoga sequences for all levels, for all abilities, with an emphasis on compassion, self awareness, and connection with inner wisdom.
Trainees will be inspired by the inquiry, ‘what is your yoga?’, learning to teach from their own creativity, authentic voice and inner teacher.
Trainees will deepen their experience of Yoga as Oneness, and learn and integrate the deeper teachings of yoga beyond the classroom environment, into their day to day lives
See our Cancellation Policy here
Techniques, Training and Practice – 100 hours
- In depth regular Meditation, Pranayama and Asana Sadhana (practice)
- Pranayama Clinics – exploring the breath
- Asana Clinics – including alignment, energetic alignment, benefits, contraindications, modifications, variations, and assists
- Meditation Clinics – Including the art of centering and relaxation
Teaching Methodology – 25 hours
- Creating Sacred Space
- Yoga Teacher Ethics
- Methods for Developing Awareness
- The Business of Teaching Yoga
- Freeing your Authentic Voice
- Compassionate space holding, honouring boundaries, giving assists
- Time management
- Authentic Communication and Deep Listening
- Trauma Sensitivity for Yoga Teachers
Physical and Energetic Anatomy – 20 hours
- The Koshas – layers of the Self
- Understanding Prana and the intelligence of Life Force
- Functional anatomy and physiology
- Yoga and the Nervous System
- The Chakras, nadis, and subtle body
Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle – 40 hours
- Learning the 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga, Mantra, and Japa
- The Kleshas
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The Yamas and Niyamas
- What is my Yoga? Understanding your unique expression and role in Yoga teaching
Practicum – 10 hours
- Practice Teaching with peers interwoven throughout experiential learning
- A compassionate and inclusive approach to practice teaching in class and at home
- peer and self mentoring that empowers self discovery and confidence
What Past Graduates Say
“I expected to come out of this training with the knowledge and experience to start me on my journey as a yoga teacher. What I did not anticipate was the life changing transformation I would go through while taking this class. Yoga is so much more than postures, and while we did learn the physical aspects of yoga, it was the emotional and spiritual journey that touched me the most.”
“This YTT training has been truly a deep and loving experience that has brought my practice on and off the mat to a whole other level. I feel so confident in my expression of yoga and feel inspired and confident to lead my own classes. This experience has been amazing and I think it goes to show how amazing Tiina and Ally are at creating a safe and encouraging atmosphere with no judgement or criticism!”
Tiina and Ally were both incredible. They have a wealth of experience to share, and bring it to the students with the most loving and down to earth approach. They both really live their practice. As a team they worked together fluidly and with complimentary skills. They both modeled a wonderful balance of intuition and structure in their teaching. Tiina really nurtures and empowers students to awaken their creativity, to discover their unique gifts and develop them.” ~Opal Jennifer Elchuk
We will also explore
- Yoga Nidra – Yogic Sleep and Deep Relaxation
- Supporting your pre and post natal students
- Supporting elders and those with limited mobility
Registration includes lots of opportunities for mentoring with senior teachers, inspiring guest workshops, and weekly classes with Peterborough Living Yoga. Completion of the course includes Yoga Alliance Approved Certificate for 200 hours of training. The training is located in our downtown location, Peterborough Living Yoga, with trips to the beauitiful lakeside Sarovara Yoga in Bobcaygeon. Join us for this Yoga Teacher Training and step into your new life!
Please note that if you have not taken classes from Tiina Kivinen or Ally Boothroyd, a minimum number of classes may be needed before the start date of the training. Please contact us for more information.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN PETERBOROUGH AND BOBCAYGEON!
With many years of experience facilitating fun and meaningful yoga experiences, Tiina and Ally will help you connect with your unique gifts as a yoga teacher. As a former Amrita YTT graduate put it:
“The quality of the experience was outstanding. All guest teachers were so well informed, and Tiina and Ally are so unique and rare… their dedication to the students and training left me feeling blessed each and every class. ~Linda”
Dont Miss This Yoga Teacher Training!
Sign up to find out more about offerings from Amrita Living Yoga School, including the finalized date of the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Peterborough.
Have questions or concerns? Get in touch!
Please contact us with any additional questions, and if you would like to talk or even meet in person if you are in our local areas near Peterborough and the Kawarthas, we would be happy to do so.